The following Coronavirus (COVID-19) information has been issued by the Executive Director and the Board of the International Federation of Podiatrists. This guidance is based on information from the WHO and the FIP-IFP members.
– 24 March 2020: Letter from the FIP-IFP president to the members
– 23 March 2020: Recommentations for Podiatrists as established by the FIP-IFP
– World Health Organisation: Advice for health workers – Click here
– Guidance from the Royal College of Phycisians and Surgeons of Glasgow: Guidance on the safety of steroids injected as part of podiatric procedures – Click here
– Lower Limb Amputation Prevention Guidance: This pathway guidance has been developed by a collaborative group of clinicians in FDUK , to support all lower limb clinicians during the COVID-19 situation in line with current best practice. The guidance is to assist the identification of and management of people with critical / limbthreatening ischaemia or infection. – Click here
– NEW Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association
All Feet On Deck—The Role of Podiatry During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Preventing hospitalizations in an overburdened healthcare system, reducing amputation and death in people with diabetes. Click here