Blisters are painful, fluid-filled lesions, often caused by friction and pressure.
- Ill fitting shoes.
- Wrinkled socks against the skin.
- Excessive moisture.
- Foot deformities.
What Can You Do?
- Keep your feet dry.
- Always wear socks as a cushion between your feet and shoes.
- Wear properly fitting shoes.
- If a blister does occur, don’t pop it. Cut a hole in a in a ¼” piece of foam or felt in
- place or cover with a soft gel-type ointment and protective soft gel dressing to prevent infection and speed up the healing process.
What might a Podiatrist do?
- Remove the blister surface if needed.
- Prescribe appropriate medications, topical or oral.
- Recommend paddings, dressings, and friction-reducing measures.